Provo, you were fun. But then I left. I miss it, kinda. Mostly just the people.
I spent the last week basically sitting the couch at home, reading and napping. And eating. And when I wasn't on the couch, I was likely eating in the kitchen or running errands with my family. It was a very relaxing week. I needed it.
Chuck is off for the MTC tomorrow and I'm going to miss him like crazy.
I flew to New York City today - my home for the rest of the summer.
- Flight delayed by almost 2 hours. Best start to the morning? Yes. Actually, no.
- It was raining lots here in the city. Did I have an umbrella? No. Did I buy one? No. That's on tomorrow's to do list.
- I met my roommates. Yay for normal people!
- I met my other roommate, Shena. Shena is a rescue dog. I'm pretty sure she's a mutt of sorts. Kinda cute. Old. Mostly, she sleeps. It is nice to have come home and have her waiting to see you though. Pictures will be forthcoming.
- I went to the Neue Gallery and saw some beautiful German and Austrian art with Provo friends who are also in NYC. And we walked in the rain. Win.
- I met a few Japanese people living here in the city and got to speak to them in Japanese, which was awesome. They were rather surprised I could speak to them. It was hilarious to see their faces.
- I went on my first bus ride in the city. Had done the bus numerous times in Japan, but never here.
Eventful day, methinks.
Pictures of one long overdue wedding and multiple engagement shoots, my cousin's senior pictures, family photos from Chicago, and many other photos.
Including one of Shena.
Or maybe two.